Somos America is currently looking for students to fill internship opportunities for the upcoming Fall semester.
Why You Should Become a Somos America Intern?
• Earn college credit*
• Build resume with career related work experience
• Gain references by working with community leaders
• Develop communication and marketing skills with traditional and earned media
• Learn to develop public policy and how to lobby
• Acquire skills in event planning, volunteer coordinating, and fundraising
• Networking opportunities from working with elected officials, the press, and community leaders
Who is the Right Candidate?
• A natural passion for protecting the rights of immigrants and migrants in Arizona
• Currently enrolled in an accredited community college or university
• Be able to dedicate 10-15 hours per week (with flexibility to accommodate student’s class schedules and part-time jobs)
How to Apply: Please complete email resume to email@example.com.
Application deadline: Decisions will be made on a rolling basis, there is no application deadline.
The Somos Fellowship Program will be offered on three different schedules:
Fall Session: September 1 – December 2
Spring Session: January 23 – April 28
Summer Session: June 1 – July 31
*Each college and university has different requirements for accepting internships for college credit. At ASU, these requirements are even different for each school. We will work directly with you and the colleges to take advantage of all the opportunities available, earning up to 6 college credit hours for the internship.